Head of the Center – Doctor of Economics, Professor
Tel .: +7 (495) 697-37-75, 697-91-16.
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mikhail Anatolyevich Portnoy was born in 1941 in Moscow. He graduated in 1969 from the Faculty of Economics of Moscow State University. M.V. Lomonosov Moscow State University. After graduating from the Graduate School, IMEMO in 1972 defended his Ph.D. thesis on the problems of the US balance of payments (candidate of economic sciences). From 1972 to 1989 he worked at the IMEMO RAS in various positions. He was the head of the department of current information analysis, head of the department. sector of currency problems.
ISCRAN works since 1989. Here in 1991 he defended his doctoral dissertation, and in 1993 he received the title of professor (world economy). Since 1992, he headed the department of foreign economic research before its transformation in May 2008 into the Center for Foreign Economic Studies of the ICK RAS. As the head of the center organizes daily work on studying foreign economic activity of the USA.
In 1993, he passed an internship in the United States under the Foreign Learning Systems Program at Stanford University and for a semester led the Russian economy (California – USA). In 1998, he lectured in the United States at the University of Wake Forest (North Carolina – USA). In 2009, as part of the ISKRAN group of scientists, he participated in meetings and discussions at leading scientific centers in Washington.
During his scientific work, MA Portnoy prepared a large number of scientific papers with a total volume of more than 250 al. He was a scientific editor of several major works, teaching aids and other publications.
M.A. Tailor actively participates in scientific conferences of the Institute and in other scientific events on the line of the RAS and other organizations, makes presentations and takes part in scientific discussions.
M.A. The tailor is actively teaching. Since 1996 he has been working as a professor at the Academy of National Economy under the Government of the Russian Federation. In the years 2000-2006. worked as head. Department of Monetary Circulation and Finance in MESI on conditions of compatibility.
Currently he conducts lectures on MBA programs at the Academy of National Economy under the Government of the Russian Federation, the Finance University under the Government of the Russian Federation and in MESI, supports scientific and teaching contacts with leading economic universities in Moscow.
He is a member of the dissertational Scientific Council of ISKRAN.
Full member of the Russian Academy of Natural Sciences.
Specialization: world economy, international economic and monetary-financial relations; the structure and principles of the credit and financial system; state regulation of the credit and financial system, international payment relations.
Author of books:
1. US: state regulation of the balance of payments. – Moscow: ‘Science’. 1975.
2. Payment relations – a hidden knot of inter-imperialist contradictions. – Moscow: ‘International relations’. 1987.
3. What is what in world politics. / The head of the team and a member of the editorial board. – Moscow: Progress. 1986, 1987.
4. Money: their types and functions. – Moscow: ANKIL. 1998.
5. State and market. The American model. 20 p.p. – Moscow: ANKIL. 1999. Editor and author of chapters.
6. Problems, successes and difficulties of the transition economy. // Scientific editor. 23 p.p. – M., Moscow Public Science Foundation. 2000.
7. Industrial Policy and National Security of Russia. // Ed. A.A. Kokoshina, M.A. The tailor. // The author of chapters and the scientific editor of the book. M. 2001. IPMB RAS. 290 sec.
8. Finance and credit. The author of chapters and the head of the author’s collective. Tutorial. 15 a.l. Publishing house MESI. 2001, 2005.
9. Money, finance and credit. Tutorial. Author. Publishing house MESI. 2008.
The author of chapters in the collective books of recent years:
Foreign economic strategy of the state in the conditions of growing internationalization of economic life. 2 pp. In the monograph: ‘The state and the market. American model ‘. – Moscow: ANKIL. 1999.
Leading factor: the American model of capitalism. In the monograph “The United States at the turn of the century.” 1 p.s. , Moscow: Science. 2000. 31 pp.
The essence and function of money. In the textbook: Finance. Money. Credit. Ed. O.V. Sokolova. M., ‘Lawyer’. 2000., 2001.
Payment balance. In the textbook: International Monetary and Financial Relations. Ed. Krasavina LN – M., ‘Finances and Statistics’. 2000; new editions – 2004, 2007.
Possibilities and problems of cooperation between Russia and the United States in the financial field. In the book: Between the past and the future: Russia in a transatlantic context. M., 2001.
Key issues of foreign economic strategy of the new US administration. In the book: USA in 2000. – Moscow: Science. 2001.
US state policy in the world monetary and financial sphere. In the book: US State Economic Policy: Current Trends. – Moscow: Science. 2002.
3 chapters: The financial system. Monetary regulation. USA in the world financial system. Investment cooperation between Russia and the United States. In the textbook: The US economy. – Moscow: Peter. 2003. New edition – M., The Economist, 2008.
Author of articles in the magazine ‘The USA and Canada. Economy. Policy. Culture. ‘, In the electronic magazine’ Russia and America in the 21st Century ‘and in other periodicals.
About the Center
The main current topic of the Center’s scientific specialization is –
obtaining an objective picture of the economic and financial situation of the United States in the modern world economy, the directions of US foreign economic policy, as well as the problems faced by the US in its foreign economic policy.
An important place is occupied by studies of the state and prospects for the development of US foreign trade, its commodity and geographical structure. Particular attention is paid to the study of the causes and the formation of an objective assessment of the importance of the trade balance deficit in the United States. In the field of attention are constantly the main concepts and directions of US trade policy, trade relations between the US and Russia.
The Center was established in 2009 on the basis of the former Foreign Economic Research Department.
The work of the Center is reflected in publications and analytical materials that are regularly sent to the Administration of the President of the Russian Federation, the Security Council, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the Ministry of Defense and other agencies and departments, the Foreign Affairs Committees of the Federation Council and the State Duma of the Federal Assembly of the Russian Federation and other organizations .
Substantial attention in the Center’s research has been devoted to revealing the driving forces and features of the US economic growth in recent years, the causes and consequences of large foreign capital inflows to the US to finance balance of payments deficits and the state budget, as well as the role of the state in regulating monetary and financial processes and maintenance of economic growth. The subject of research is also the features of the cyclical development of the US economy at the beginning of the century, a new style of anti-crisis policy, its financial and general economic consequences.
A significant place is occupied by studies of the factors, causes and consequences of US economic leadership in the modern world economy, the scale and channels of their economic and financial global influence. Research is carried out on the main directions and extent of American influence on the world economic and financial processes, as well as the consequences of American world financial influence on Russia’s interests. Trends in the formation of financial markets, the main directions and scope of American influence on the world financial sphere and constructive elements of the US experience in building a financial market are of interest to Russia.
In the field of analysis, the characteristic features of the economic development and growth of the US scientific and technical potential as the basis of their world leadership at the beginning of the 21st century. and global influence. The current aspects of US state economic policy and methods of strengthening the positions of American TNCs in world markets are considered, taking into account the influence of these factors on Russia’s interests in the current conditions of development of its foreign economic relations.
US foreign economic relations studies are conducted taking into account the opportunities to use the positive aspects of the US foreign economic policy experience in the interests of maintaining and strengthening Russia’s position in the global economy and world financial markets. In this regard, much attention is paid to the analysis of the topical aspects of Russia’s foreign economic activity and the tasks for its improvement. The objective factors, scales and directions of improving the structure of Russian exports in line with scientific and technological progress are considered. Russia’s position in the world arms market is being studied and the potential for using this potential to improve the country’s exports.
The main scientific publications of the Center’s employees by name:
1. Portnoy MA ‘The mechanism of global influence of monetary and credit policy of the USA’. ‘The United States and Canada. EPK ‘No.5,2008g.
2. Portnoy MA ‘The world financial crisis of 2007-2008. – causes and features’. ‘The Economy of the 21st Century’ No.7, 2008.
3. Portnoy MA “The financial crisis in the US – the causes, scale, consequences.” ‘USA and Canada: EPK’ No.12, 2008.
4. Portnoy MA ‘Money-credit policy’. Chapter in the textbook ‘The US economy’, ed. Supyana VB, M., The Economist, 2008.
5. Portnoy MA ‘The financial system of the USA’. Chapter in the textbook ‘The US economy’, ed. Supyana VB, M., The Economist, 2008.
6. Portnoy MA ‘The United States in the world financial system’. Chapter in the textbook ‘The US economy’ under the editorship of Supyana VB, M., Economist, 2008.
7. Portnoy MA ‘Events and lessons of the financial crisis in the US’. ‘Business and banks’. No.23, June 2008
8. Portnoy MA Reform of the world financial system – the world at the crossroads. ‘USA and Canada: EPC’. No. 9,2009.
9. Portnoy MA ‘Contradictions of the development of the US financial market’. Electronic Journal ‘Russia and America in the 21st Century’ No.2. 2009.
10. Portnoy MA ‘Lessons from the crisis for the US financial system’. ‘USA and Canada: EPC’. No.6, 2010.
11. Portnoy MA “The United States early to celebrate – the payment for overcoming the crisis will be long.” Electronic Journal ‘Russia and America in the 21st Century’ No.2, 2010.
1. Zimenkov R.I. USA and Russia in the world investment processes. Electronic Journal ‘Russia and America in the 21st Century’ No.2. 2009.
2. Zimenkov R.I. New phenomena in the foreign activities of American TNCs. Electronic Journal ‘Russia and America in the 21st Century’ No.1. 2009.
3. Zimenkov R.I. “The main problems in the way of US arms exports.” Journal ‘Vestnik Akademii’ No.2, 2010
4. Zimenkov R.I. “Foreign direct investment in the US economy.” Electronic Journal ‘Russia and America in the 21st Century’ No.2,2010.
5. Zimenkov R.I. “Restructuring of Russia’s export trade: good intentions or urgent need”. Journal of Contemporary Management’No.6, 2010.
6. Zimenkov R.I. ‘The Russian market of mergers and acquisitions’. ‘Herald of the Academy’. No.1. 2010.
7. Zimenkov R.I. ‘Mergers and acquisitions: the experience of the US and Russia’. ‘USA and Canada: EPK’ No.2, 2010.
1. Porokhovsky A.A. ‘The American Economy: Challenges to Management’. ‘USA and Canada: EPK’ No.8,2008.
2. Porokhovsky A.A. ‘State property’. Chapter in the textbook ‘The US economy’ under the editorship of Supyana VB, M., Economist, 2008.
3. Porokhovsky A.A. ‘On the question of the economic theory of innovation development’. Chapter in the book. ‘Innovative Development of the Russian Economy’, ed. Kolesova VP, Tutova LA in 2 volumes – volume 1 0.6 a.l. M., MAX Press, 2008.
4. Porokhovsky A.A. “Innovation is the core of market development.” Chapter in the book. ‘Innovative activity: economics and management’, ed. Vasilyeva V.P. M., TEMS, 2008.
5. Porokhovsky A.A. ‘Evolution of market economy in the mirror of political economy’. ‘Russian economic journal’. No.1-2, 2008.
6. Porokhovsky A.A. ‘The United States in XXI: a political-economic approach’. Journal of ‘USA and Canada: EPC’ No.2, 2009.
7. Porokhovsky A.A. ‘Modern crisis: the view of the political economy’. Alternatives No.1,2009g.
8. Porokhovsky A.A. ‘Political economy of the modern crisis’. – 0.8 al. Ch. in the book. The main book about the crisis, M: Yauza, Eksmo, 2009.
9. Porokhovsky A.A. ‘The economic crisis: some theoretical generalizations of modern reality’. Ch. in the book. Innovative development of the Russian economy: resource support. – Ed. VP Kolesov and LA Tutov. Theis. Moscow, 2009.
10. Porokhovsky A.A. “The current economic crisis is a man-made element.” Economics and Management: Scientific and Practical Journal No.2,2009.
11. Porokhovsky A.A. ‘The First World Economic Crisis in the 21st Century: Call for a New Way of Human Civilization’. – Ch. In the book. The world economic crisis: theory, methodology, practice. Ed. AAAbisheva and TI Mukhambetova, “Economics”, Almaty, 2009.
12. Porokhovsky A.A. ‘The economic crisis as a boundary of modern world and national development’. Economic theory No.1, (Kiev, in Russian and Ukrainian languages).
13. Porokhovsky A.A. ‘Peculiarities of the methodology of innovation process research’. – Ch. In the book. Economic problems of innovative development. Ed. KA Khubieva, M, TEIS, 2009.
14. Porokhovsky A.A. ‘Political economy: reflections on current trends’. – Ch. In the book. Capital and economics: Questions of methodology, theory, teaching. Issue 3. Ed. V.N. Cherkovtsa. M.: TEIS, 2009.
Menshikova A.M. “Evolution of the US position regarding the activities of the leading international financial and economic organizations.” Article 1.5 al., Internet site of ISKRAN.
Gorbunov A.R. ‘System dynamics of modeling strategic and operational solutions’. ‘Business Informatics’ No.2 (04) 2008г.
1. Sokolova I.Yu. ‘Problems of measuring the US GDP’. ‘USA and Canada: EPK’ No.12,2008.
2. Sokolova I.Yu. (co-authored with Kochetkov GB) “Services in the United States.” Chapter in the textbook ‘The US economy’ under the editorship of Supyana VB, M., Economist, 2008.
1. Parkansky A.B. ‘American-Czech economic relations’. ‘USA and Canada: EPK’ 2009.
2. Parkansky A.B. ‘American-Slovak economic relations’. ‘USA and Canada: EPC’ No.1, 2009.
3. Parkansky A.B. ‘American-Mongolian economic relations’. ‘USA and Canada: EPC’. No.1.
1. Davydov A.Yu. ‘The US Financial Market in the Global Economy’. ‘USA and Canada: EPC’ No.7,2008.
2. Davydov A.Yu. ‘Modern problems of Russian-American trade and economic relations’. Electronic Journal ‘Russia and America in the 21st Century’ No.2. 2008.
3. Davydov A.Yu. ‘Foreign trade of the USA and the system of its state regulation’. Chapter in the textbook ‘The US economy’ under the editorship of Supyana VB, M., Economist, 2008.
4. Davydov A.Yu. ‘Foreign economic relations of the USA with EU countries’. Chapter in the textbook ‘The US economy’ under the editorship of Supyana VB, M., Economist, 2008.
5. Davydov A.Yu. (in co-authorship with Komkova EA) ‘Foreign economic relations of the USA within the framework of NAFTA’. Chapter in the textbook ‘The US economy’ under the editorship of Supyana VB, M., Economist, 2008.
6. Davydov A.Yu. ‘Foreign economic relations of the USA and the system of their state regulation’. ‘USA and Canada: EPK’ No.1, 2009.
7. Davydov A.Yu. ‘Russia in the new world financial architecture’. The Economy of the 21st Century No.8, 2009.
8. Davydov A.Yu. ‘Big cycles’ of the American economy’. ‘USA and Canada: EPK’ No.2, 2010.
9. Davydov A.Yu. ‘Problems of integration of the Russian banking sector into the global banking community’. Journal of Economics in the 21st Century No.2,2010g
1. Ray A.I. ‘External Factors of Scientific and Technical Development of Russia’. МЭиМО No.12,2008.
2. Ray A.I. The influence of the “knowledge economy” on the structural shifts in the US: the modeling methodology. Electronic Journal ‘Russia and America in the 21st Century’ No.1,2010.