The head of the center is D.Polit.N.
Travkina Natalia Mikhailovna
Tel .: +7 (495) 691 93 84
Email address: email@example.com
Travkina Natalia Mikhailovna graduated with honors from the Moscow State Institute of International Relations of the USSR Ministry of Foreign Affairs, specializing in international journalism.
In 1983 she defended the thesis ‘The role of the US Congress in the formation of the military budget’ for the degree of candidate of historical sciences. In 2003, she defended her thesis ‘The Budget Process in the US Congress: Legislative Norms and the Forms of Their Implementation’ for a doctorate in political science.
Since 1980, he has been working at the Institute of the USA and Canada of the Russian Academy of Sciences on the direction of domestic policy. From 2001 to 2007 – Head of the Sector of Social and Political Problems of the US Department of Internal Policy Studies of ISCRAN. Since 2008 – Head of the Center for Internal Policy Studies of ISCRAN.
Subjects of research: problems of parliamentarism, social policy, budgetary process. He has published works with a total volume of more than 100 printed works.
About the Center
The main current topic of the Center’s scientific specialization is –
institutions of state power in the United States, political process and political institutions, the problems of the relationship between government and society, the features of modern American parliamentarism and democracy, lobbyism, general issues of social policy and social programs, state regulation of labor relations, the American model of national relations and immigration.
The Center for Internal Policy Studies was established in 2007 and is the recipient of most of the subjects of the Department of Internal Policy Studies engaged in a comprehensive study of US domestic policy since 1969 within the framework of the Institute of the USA and Canada of the Russian Academy of Sciences.
The main scientific publications of the Center’s staff for 2005-2010
1. New US budget priorities and national interests of Russia. Otv. Ed. – VS Vasilyev. – Moscow: ISKRAN, 2010, 200 pages.
2. Samuylov SM, Semin NL, Travkina NM About new priorities and appointments in the US national and economic security system. – Moscow: ISKRAN, 2009, 98 pages.
3. Garbuzov V.N. The Revolution of Ronald Reagan. – Moscow: Nauka, 2008, 567p.
4. Travkina N.M. USA: parties, budget, politics. – M: Science, 2008, 275 pages.
5. USA: Key Areas and Directions of Social Policy. – Hands. project of NM Travkin. – Moscow: ISKRAN, 2008, 145 pages.
6. USA: experience of social policy and lessons for Russia. – Ed. VS Vasiliev. – Moscow: ISKRAN, 2007, 180 pages.
Scientific articles and reports
1. Travkina N.M. Box of Pandora ‘from Barack Obama. Reform of the health care system is splitting the American society. – ‘Nezavisimaya Gazeta’, March 31, 2010.
2. Travkina N.M. Barack Obama. The year in power: new ‘old’ trends in US policy. – The Internet magazine ‘Russia and America in the 21st Century’,? ‘1, 2010.
3. Travkina N.M. 2010: The US is facing a choice. – The magazine ‘The United States * Canada – Economics, Politics, Culture’, 2010,? 9.
4. Travkina N.M. The US national security strategy: the economic dimension. – Internet magazine ‘Russia and America in the 21st Century’, 2009,? 2
5. Travkina NM Barack Obama: new times, new leaders. – The magazine ‘The United States * Canada – Economics, Politics, Culture’, 2008,? 9
6. N. Travkina. Budget priorities of Republicans: from R. Reagan to George W. Bush. (In co-authorship) – The magazine ‘The United States * Canada – Economics, Politics, Culture’, 2007, No.11.