Head of the Center
Vacancy announcement is expected
Tel .: + 7- (495) -697-85-06.
A summary of the former head of the center can be found here.
About the Center
The Center for Sectoral Studies of the USA and Canada Institute of the Russian Academy of Sciences was established in late 2012.
The Center carries out analytical and forecast work on selected industries and
inter-industry complexes of the US economy.
The main current topics of the Center’s scientific specialization are:
– Assessment of the current state of the US economy
– Geography of the industries of American industry and services
– State economic regulation
– Short- and medium-term forecasting
– Business models and competition
– Organization and management of business in the modern economy
– Factors of entrepreneurial activity in the USA
– US State Science and Technology Policy
– Scientific and technological progress and innovation
Employees of the Center participate in grants of the Russian Humanitarian Scientific Foundation:
1. The Russian Humanitarian Scientific Foundation, the project? 07-02-02008 a, ‘Integration of science and education in Russia: a model of a research university taking into account US experience’, 2007-2008.
2. The Russian Humanitarian Scientific Foundation, project 09-02-00617a / r, “Forming the Knowledge Economy in Russia: Problems, Factors, Strategies in the Context of World Experience,” 2009-2010.
3. Russian Humanitarian Scientific Foundation, project? 15-37-11121 a (c) ‘Factors of ensuring social and economic security in the early 21st century: US experience and its application in Russian practice’, 2015-2017.
Ph.D. Sudakova Natalia Andreevna, Senior Researcher:
Sudakova NA Universities and business in the innovation process: trends and patterns of interaction / LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing GmbH & Co. KG, 2012. – 65 p.
Chapters in monographs:
Sudakova NA The organization of business in the modern economy (in co-authorship with GB Kochetkov) // The US economy: the evolution of the model in the context of globalization: Textbook / ed. prof. V.B. Soupyana. – M .: Master: INFRA-M, 2014. – 560 p.
Sudakova NA USA: problems of entrepreneurship from the point of providing social and economic security // USA and Canada: economics, politics, culture. – 2016. -No. 4.
Sudakova NA Research centers funded by the government: the American phenomenon // USA and Canada: economics, politics, culture. – 2015. -No. 11. – P. 106-120.
Sudakova NA Evolution of forms of business organization in the United States // USA and Canada: economics, politics, culture. – 2014. -No. 1. – P. 101-117.
Sudakova NA The socio-economic importance of enterprises of the unincorporated sector in the US Russia and America in the 21st century. Electronic journal. – 2012. -No. 3.
Sudakova NA The role and place of unincorporated forms of business organization in the innovation economy // Russia and America in the 21st century. Electronic journal. – 2010. -No. 3.
Sudakova NA Interaction of universities and business in the process of innovation activity // USA and Canada: economics, politics, culture. – 2010. -No. 2.
Sudakova NA Innovative activity in universities // Research universities of the USA: the mechanism of integration of science and education / Ed. prof. V.B. Supyan – M .: ‘Master’, 2009. – 399 p.
Sudakova NA Starting companies in research universities: problems of organization and functioning // USA and Canada: economics, politics, culture. – 2009. -No. 7.
Sudakova NA American Individual Enterprises: Current Status and Organization // USA and Canada: Economics, Politics, Culture. – 2008. -No. 5.
Sudakova NA American companies with limited liability and peculiarities of their taxation // USA and Canada: economics, politics, culture. – 2007. -No. 6.
Sudakova NA Features of taxation of US partnerships // USA and Canada: economics, politics, culture. – 2006. -? 4.
Sudakova NA The role of partnerships in the business sphere (by the example of the USA) // Interuniversity collection of scientific works ‘Analysis of the state and prospects for the development of the Russian economy’. Ivanovo: Ivanovo State Energy University. October, 2005.
Sudakova NA Tax management in US corporations // USA and Canada: economics, politics, culture. – 2005. -? 1.
Arkhangel’skii Ivan Yurievich, Research Associate:
Business environment in the USA: Recommendations to entrepreneurs / I. Yu. Arkhangelsky, AD Golubovich, MM Ivanov 272 p. M. JSC “Menatep-inform”: Intern. relations 1991.
English-Russian foreign trade dictionary-reference: More than 2000 terms / I. Yu. Arkhangelsky, O. Yu. Arkhangelskaya; Ed. M. M. Ivanova. 117 p. M. JSC “Menatep-Inform” 1996.
Trust management and accountability of managers in the state of Florida. Arkhangelsky I.Yu. USA and Canada: economics, politics, culture. 2015. No. 5. pp. 101-114.
The State of Delaware is a trust harbor. Arkhangelsky I.Yu. USA and Canada: economics, politics, culture. 2014. No. 2. P. 89-104.
New forms of trust management in the US: trustees of trusts. Arkhangelsky I.Yu. USA and Canada: economics, politics, culture. 2012. No. 10 (514). Pp. 101-116.
Trusts of the United States and the problems of international taxation. Arkhangelsky I.Yu. USA and Canada: economics, politics, culture. 2011. No. 11. pp. 109-126.
Unlimited trusts and competition for their funds between states in the US. Arkhangelsky I.Yu. USA and Canada: economics, politics, culture. 2010. No. 10. pp. 110-126.
Offshore trusts and property management in the United States. Arkhangelsky I.Yu. USA and Canada: economics, politics, culture. 2009. No. 12. P. 109-124.
Use of trusts to preserve property in the United States. Arkhangelsky I.Yu. USA and Canada: economics, politics, culture. 2009. No. 3. P. 99-114.
Foreign and local trusts in the US: issues of property taxation. Arkhangelsky I.Yu. USA and Canada: economics, politics, culture. 2008. No. 1. P. 95-110.
Trust management of property and taxation abroad. Arkhangelsky I.Yu. Taxes are a magazine. 2008. No. 3. P. 34-38.
The fight against tax evasion in the US. Arkhangelsky I.Yu. USA and Canada: economics, politics, culture. 2006. No. 11. pp. 112-126.
Lanshina Tatyana Aleksandrovna, Research Associate:
Features of the development of renewable energy sources in Russia and in the world. Barinova VA, Lanshina TA Russian Entrepreneurship. 2016. Vol. 17. No. 2. P. 259-270.
The role of the United States in the development of China’s national innovation system. Lanshin TA USA and Canada: economics, politics, culture. 2014. No. 8 (536). Pp. 65-80.
Problems of preserving the competitiveness of the US national innovation system. Lanshin TA Russia and America in the 21st century. 2014. No. 1. P. 10-11.
Innovative development of the BRICS countries Lanshina T. International Economics. 2013. No. 6. P. 82-89.
The BRICS countries: features of innovative development. Lanshin TA
Leasing. 2013. No. 7. P. 33-42.
Innovations and national innovation systems: typology and development problems. Filosofova TG, Lanshina TA Leasing. 2013. No. 10. P. 36-54.
Competitiveness of national business and Russian national innovation system. Filosofova TG, Lanshina TA Leasing. 2012. No. 3. P. 7-29.
Innovative activity and competitiveness of companies. Filosofova TG, Lanshina TA Leasing. 2011. No. 10. P. 9-21.
USA in the world market of photovoltaic equipment. Lanshin TA USA and Canada: economics, politics, culture. 2007. No. 8. P. 111-126.
Main scientific publications by 2015:
1. Rogov SM, Supyan VB, Ray AI, Supyan VB, Bibikova TS NATIONAL SCIENTIFIC FUND AND NATIONAL ACADEMIES OF SCIENCES OF THE USA: ROLE AND PLACE IN DEVELOPMENT OF THE SCIENTIFIC CAPACITY OF THE COUNTRY Federal State Budgetary Institution of Science Institute of the United States of America and Canada of the Russian Academy of Sciences (ISCRAN). The head and the responsible editor d. Professor V.B. Supyan. Moscow, 2015.
2. Ray A.I. Macroeconomic and structural balance in the US economy. 2015. No. 3 (34). C. 3.
3. Kondratieva ZO, Babich SN, Davydov A.Yu., Zimenkov RI, Komkova EG, Kochetkov GB, Fedorovich VA, Sudakova N.A., Porokhovsky AA, Portnoy MA, Ray A.I., Supyan V.B. ECONOMICS OF THE USA: EVOLUTION OF THE MODEL IN CONDITIONS OF GLOBALIZATION Institute of the USA and Canada of the Russian Academy of Sciences. Moscow, 2014.
4. Ray A.I. SECTORAL PRICING IN THE USA (2001-2014): THE ROLE OF SPECULATION AND CARTELS USA and Canada: Economics, Politics, Culture. 2014. No. 11. P. 67-88.
5. Ray A.I. NEW TRENDS IN THE ORGANIZATION OF MILITARY PURCHASING IN THE USA Security index. 2014. Vol. 3 (110). Pp. 125-132.
6. Babich SN, Voitolovsky FG, Garbuzov VN, Danilin IV, Dmitriev SS, Zhuravleva V.Yu., Zeveleva GN, Ivanova NI, Kirichenko EV, Korolev IS, Korneev AV, Lebedeva LF, Kremenyuk VA, Ray AI, Portnoy MA, Ryabkov SA, Rogov S .M., Supyan VB, Travkina N.M. SOCIAL AND ECONOMIC POLICY OF SECOND ADMINISTRATION B. OBAMA AND ITS INFLUENCE ON EXTERNAL POLICY USA Moscow, 2013.
7. Ray A.I. GEOGRAPHY of the US military industrial complex after 20 years after the end of the Cold War. USA and Canada: economics, politics, culture. 2013. No. 8 (524). Pp. 053-068.
8. Ray A.I. AMERICAN CORPORATIONS AT THE OUTPUT FROM THE RECESSION USA and Canada: Economics, Politics, Culture. 2011. No. 8. P. 114-126.
9. Ray A.I. THE INFLUENCE OF THE “ECONOMICS OF KNOWLEDGE” ON STRUCTURAL SHIFTS IN THE USA: THE METHODOLOGY OF MODELING Russia and America in the 21st Century. 2010. No. 1. P. 13.
10. Ray A.I. US ECONOMY AT THE CRISIS OUTLOOK: BRANCH PERSPECTIVE. Bulletin of MGIMO University. 2010. No. 4. P. 174-182.
11. Ray A.I. FOREIGN ECONOMIC ACTIVITY OF RUSSIA theory, history and the American factor / AI Rei. Moscow, 2009.
12. Pichkov BP, Klinov VG, Kholopov AV, Sagittarius IA, Brendeleva EA, Rey AI, Artamonova LN, Sabelnikov LV, Pankov VS, Spartak AN, Isachenko TM, Zavyalova EB, Degterev DA, Gelvanovsky MI, Platonova IN, Turuev IB, Plisetskiy D E.E., Belyakov AA, Glazyev S.Yu., Ershov M.V. RUSSIAN ECONOMY: WAYS OF INCREASING COMPETITIVENESS Moscow, 2009.
13. Ray A.I. RUSSIA ON THE WAY TO THE STATUS OF THE WORLD FINANCIAL CENTER: OBSTACLES AND OPPORTUNITIES World and national economy. 2009. No. 2 (9). Pp. 2-12.
14. Ray A.I. FINANCIAL ASPECTS OF COMPETITIVE FIGHT AGAINST AMERICAN FIRMS USA and Canada: Economics, Politics, Culture. 2007. No. 12. P. 106-116.
15. REI AI. TRENDS IN INTERNATIONAL PATENTING OF INVENTIONS IN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA Russia and America in the 21st Century. 2007. No. 2. P. 10.
16. Ray A.I. RISKS OF THE AMERICAN MNCs USA and Canada: economics, politics, culture. 2006. No. 5. P. 111-127.
17. Ray A.I. USA AND INTERNATIONAL CARELS IN MICROELECTRONICS USA and Canada: Economics, Politics, Culture. 2005. No. 5. P. 108-127.
18. Ray A.I. COMPETITIVE STRATEGIES OF THE STATE AND FIRMS IN EXPORTLY ORIENTED DEVELOPMENT Issues of economics. 2004. No. 8. P. 46-65.
19. Ray A.I. TRANSNATIONAL CAPITAL IN THE NEW INDUSTRIAL COUNTRIES International processes. 2004. T. 2. No. 6. P. 112-120.
20. Ray A. FUTURE OF RUSSIA IN THE INTERNATIONAL COMPETITIVE FIGHT Consultant Director. 2003. T. 15. No. 4. P. 15.
21. M. Portnoy, Ray A. A. TOOLS OF COMPETITIVE FIGHT AGAINST WORLD MARKETS AND MICROELECTRONIC INDUSTRY OF THE USA. USA and Canada: economics, politics, culture. 2002. No. 6. P. 37.